The automatic garage doors have already updated their safety standards; we homeowners should still make appointments with the garage door service companies like the Max garage door service to conduct a maintenance check with our garage doors.
Even if we see DIY projects on how to adjust garage door cable tension, it is still best if we take advice from the pro only.
What do our garage door cables do?
We might sometimes wonder what the purpose of our garage door cables is.
What we didn’t know is that this part of our garage doors is one of the essential materials.
It is running around the torsion springs, and They are the ones who are responsible for helping the garage door lift with the heavyweight it has.
But our garage door cables have another objective.
When our spring fails, the garage door cable will protect our garage doors from spring recoil.
We might think that this objective is not essential still when our torsion springs break, it can lead to severe damage and might risk us from severe injuries.
All the tension that is created in the spring can cause injuries and damage.
That is why the cable is attached to prevent this from happening.
We need to make sure that our lines are appropriately connected or call the Max garage door service to assess our garage door problems.
Adjusting our garage door cables
Like other parts of our homes, our garage doors also need attention and maintenance, and one of the things we must know is how to adjust garage door cable tension.
Here is the guide on how we can adapt them.
We will need to have:
- Flathead screwdrivers
- Wire cutters
Starting our project
- We must pull the rope that is in our garage door opener. It allows our garage door opener to release from the drive chain. The tension spring responsible for our garage doors to lift will become taut when our garage doors are lowered. Before we start fixing our garage doors, let us release the tension of our door.
- We must always be safe from any accidents that can happen. We can prevent this by attaching c-clamps to our garage door tracks just under our garage door roller. We don’t want our garage door crashing down while we are working with the problems. The c-clamp that we have can prevent this accident from happening.
- We must disconnect the cord; the cable that we have disconnected is running around the frame of our garage door above our doorway. One end is attached to either hook or clip, and the other end is wrapped around the garage door rollers; it is securing the garage door in the frame that is just near the doorway.
- We must also adjust our garage door cable bracket. we can use pliers to help we get our job done. The pliers will help we eliminate the shelves from attaching the wire into the frame in the frame, and we then pull the cable wiring into the bracket for us to tighten it. Then we can reattach them into the frame with the help of the hook.
- After fixing our garage doors, we must check the drum of our garage door, and it is a part of our garage door that helps the balancing. We must make sure that the cables are not unwrapped, and we have aligned them properly. If we already see that everything is in place, we can safely remove the clamps from our garage door tracks, and we can lower our garage door manually. We must plug our garage door opener.
When we are in doubt
If we are in doubt and think that this process seems complicated to follow or we are afraid to do these steps, we should call the pro to do this job for us; we can call the Max garage door services to help us with our concerns when it comes to our garage doors.
If we are looking for professional and outstanding garage services, it would be best to contact Max garage door services as they have experience with garage doors.
And they know how to fix our problems professionally, ensuring that we are safe after the job.